HABITAT FOR HUMANITY INFORMATION SESSION
Habitat for Humanity Red Deer Region Society is hosting an Information Session on Thursday October 13th in the South Lacombe County Room of the Lacombe Memorial Center (5214 50 Ave, Lacombe, AB). A reception with coffee and light snacks will kick-off the event at 6:00 pm with the presentation to follow at 6:30 pm and question period held after the presentation. This session is open to the public (pre-registration is encouraged but not required).
Attendance to the Information Session is required to apply for a Habitat home. Guests will learn more about the family selection process and will also go into detail about the requirements and processes on how to apply for a Habitat home such as meeting the following criteria:
• Must be employed/currently working
• Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident for at least 3 years.
• $37,000-$58,000 total household yearly income
• Be willing to partner with Habitat and put in 500 hours of sweat equity
• Currently reside in Central Alberta (preference will be given to those applicants already residing in Lacombe, AB)
Four new Habitat Homes are currently under construction in Sheep Close of the Shepherd Heights subdivision of Lacombe, AB, with a projected completion date of Summer 2017.