Covid-19 ReStore Changes
Due to Covid-19 our ReStore is temporarily changing how and what they are able to accept as donations.
Donation drop-off will be by appointment only until further notice. Please contact the store at 403-309-0998 to schedule an appointment.
We ask that donations be thoroughly cleaned before drop-off to our location. This mitigates the risk to both our staff and customers as well as allows staff to efficiently sanitize the items upon their arrival. We thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
If you have any questions regarding these precautionary measures, please contact our ReStore at 403-309-0998. They will be more than happy to help you.
How Can I Donate Materials?
Anyone can donate to our ReStore, located at 4732-78A Street Close, Red Deer, Alberta T4P 2J2. We will thankfully accept reusable building materials, furniture, appliances, tools, hardware, lighting, plumbing items, and more! We accept most donations in new and newly used condition.
The ReStore will accept donations Monday to Saturday from 9:30am-4:30pm and provide charitable donation tax receipts upon request for donations. For more information on charitable donation tax receipts, please contact ReStore staff at 403-309-0998 and we will be happy to answer any questions or concerns.
Donors are able to bring items to our ReStore - our staff and volunteers are able to assist with receiving your donation.
If you are unable to bring your donated items to the ReStore, we will happily arrange a pick-up from your home. Our pick-up truck does pickups within Red Deer on Wednesdays and Thursdays, and we are able to schedule for other days when we have availablilty. To arrange a pick-up, please call 403-309-0998.
Due to Covid-19 all donations are currently by appointment only. Please contact our ReStore to set up a donation appointment.
Donation pick-up & drop-off guidelines:
- All donations must be inspected
- When you call for a pickup or to ask about dropping off a donation, a ReStore staff memeber will ask questions to determine if we can receive your donation
- Donations may not be accepted due to overstock. The ReStore has the right to refuse donations dependent on condition and demand
- Tax receipts may be issued for donations with a retail value greater than $150. The value is assessed and determined by our donations team
- ReStore Staff are not able to move items from basements or upper storeys
Additional donation pick-up & drop-off guidelines:
- We accept quality, re-sellable items that are in good condition and working order. Drivers have the right to refuse any item that is broken has rips/tears, stains/smells, excessive pet hair, smoke damage or other damages of any kind.
- Pick-up service does NOT include garbage disposal of items - please contact local landfills or recycling services for this purpose.
- No verbal or physical abuse of any kind will be tolerated. Our drivers will leave if this occurs.
- Donations are to be ready for pick-up, on the main floor (especially for large items and appliances) and disassembled for ease of transport (if needed). Our drivers are not professional movers.
- For questions or concerns, please call the ReStore management team at 403-309-0998 or contact the team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Habitat for Humanity Red Deer would like to thank you for your donation and continued support!
What can I donate? We accept...
|Large appliances (clean & good working condition)||Sinks, faucets, showers, tubs & toilets|
|Furniture (hard surface preferred)||Flooring|
|Home décor (hard suface only) & mirrors||Lumber & insulation (new only)|
|Microwaves & dishwashers||Plumbing fixtures & hardware|
|Hardware & tools||Sidewalk blocks, bricks, & cinder blocks|
|Cabinets, cabinet doors, hardware, & countertops||Trim, moulding, hand railings, & spindles|
|Lighting & electrical supplies||Wallpaper (full rolls only)|
|Paint, primer, & stain (never frozen in rust free cans)||Windows & screens|
We are unable to accept...
|Stained or damaged items||Toxic materials|
|Beds & mattresses||Water heaters & Furnaces|
|Bedding & toys||Wood Burning Stoves|
|Fabric drapes||Items exposed to cigarette smoke|
|Gas appliances, fireplaces, and gas fittings||Clothing (However, clothing can be donated to the Canadian Diabetes Foundation bin on site)|
*Please note these lists are subject to change. Please call the ReStore staff before bringing donations and to schedule a pick-up at 403.309.0998 ext. 1
Pricing Guidelines for Out of Town Pick-ups:
We now Accept Items for Electronic Recycling!
What can you recycle?
|Mobile Phones||Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS)|
|Televisions||VCR Video Recorders|
|Computer Monitors||Lead Acid Batteries|
|Laptops, Notebooks and Tablet Computers||Batteries (Rechargeable)|
|Desktop and all-in-one Printers||Camcorders|
|Commercial Plotters||Circuit Boards|
|Large Multi-Function Printers||DVD Players|
|Fax Machines||Laboratory Equipment|
|Photocopiers and Scanners||Network Equipment|