How Can I Donate Materials?
Anyone can donate to our ReStore, located at 4732-78A Street Close, Red Deer, Alberta T4P 2J2. We will thankfully accept reusable building materials, furniture and appliances that you no longer want or need! We accept most donations in good and usable condition.
The ReStore will accept donations Monday to Saturday from 9-4:30 pm and provide charitable donation tax receipts upon request for larger donations.
Simply bring your items to the ReStore and notify one of our staff of your donation. We will gladly help you unload your items into the warehouse or quonset.
If your items are too large to bring to the store yourself, we will happily arrange a pick-up from your home. To arrange a pick-up, please call 403-309-0998 ext. 1.
Pricing Guidelines for Out of Town Pick-ups:
- All donations must be inspected
- When you call for a pick up or to ask about dropping off a donation, a ReStore staff member will ask questions to determine if we can receive your donation
- Donations may not be accepted due to overstock. The ReStore has the right to refuse donations dependent on condition and demand
- Tax receipts may be issued for donations with a retail value greater than $150. The value is assessed and determined by our donations team
- ReStore staff are not able to move items from basements or upper storeys
What can I donate? We accept...
|Large appliances (clean & good working condition)||Sinks, faucets, showers, tubs & toilets|
|Furniture (hard surface preferred)||Flooring|
|Home décor (hard suface only) & mirrors||Lumber & insulation (new only)|
|Microwaves & dishwashers||Plumbing fixtures & hardware|
|Hardware & tools||Sidewalk blocks, bricks, & cinder blocks|
|Cabinets, cabinet doors, hardware, & countertops||Trim, moulding, hand railings, & spindles|
|Lighting & electrical supplies||Wallpaper (full rolls only)|
|Paint, primer, & stain (never frozen in rust free cans)||Windows & screens|
We are unable to accept...
|Stained or damaged items||Pressurized fittings|
|Beds & mattresses||Vacuums|
|Bedding & toys||Water heaters & furnaces|
|Fabric drapes||Wood burning stoves|
|Electronic equipment||Items exposed to cigarette smoke|
|Gas appliances, fireplaces, and gas fittings||Clothing (however, clothing can be donated to the Canadian Diabetes Foundation bin on site)|
*Please note these lists are subject to change. Please call the ReStore staff before bringing donations and to schedule a pick-up at 403.309.0998 ext. 1